Call for GPR Submissions
BBD Guest Performance Residency
Bare Bait Dance (BBD) is looking for artists for Fall 2017 to be part of our growing Guest Performance Residency (GPR) series. Submissions deadline has been extended to March 15, 2017.
BBD’s mission with its GPR series is to produce fresh, exciting new works by contemporary dance choreographers. BBD is looking for a high-quality, professional evening-length performance to present to Western Montana audiences. Founded in 2010, BBD has grown to include a GPR production each year as part of its five-part production season. The residency fulfills BBD’s goal of enriching Montana’s performance offerings and enlivening the contemporary performance appreciation and education in the state.
As part of the one-week GPR residency, chosen artists will perform their evening-length concert up to 5 times and teach 1-2 workshops to local dancers. Some artists will also have the opportunity to collaborate with BBD on a special video production of their work. The performances and workshops will all take place in the beautiful dance spaces at the University of Montana. Audience seating ranges from 50-100 per show depending on set-up orientation.
- Proposed performances must be uploaded online (vimeo, youtube, etc.)
- Previously Performed Works or Soon to Be Completed Works - we are not commissioning the creation of new performances and will be selecting pieces based on viewing comprehensive excerpts or, preferably, a recording of the full work
- All size casts considered
- GPR payment is $2,000 - In support of the GPR, BBD responsibilities include securing the venue, providing technical support, marketing and promoting the performance, and generally producing the work. BBD will also provide housing for artist/s and will help with getting artist/s to and from theater/studio as needed. Artists are responsible for travel to and from Missoula, any production needs such as costumes/props/sets, support of the performance promotion by doing week-of-show media interviews, their own meals, and any other travel costs.
- Please include the submission info below with your proposal.
- Note: If your work is selected as the next GPR, BBD maintains the ability to use submitted footage for promotional purposes (e.g. choreography reel, posts on social media, etc.), and your entry form serves as an agreement to those terms of redistribution.
We are currently crafting our 2017/18 season. For guaranteed consideration for the 2017/2018 GPR, submissions should be sent no later than March 1st.
Please contact Joy and Kelly with questions or to hear more info about this exciting opportunity to share your work with Montanan audiences!
Bare Bait Dance
114 W. Pine St. #3 - Missoula, MT - 59802
BBD GPR Submission Info
Title of Show:
2-3 sentence description of work:
Length of Show (must be at least 60mins):
Number of performers:
When was this piece created and how many times/where has it been performed?
URL of the work (or at least substantial excerpts):
Choreographer contact info (phone, email, mailing address):