Job Posting: Stage Manager
Bare Bait Dance
STAGE MANAGER Job Opening
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
THE STAGE MANAGER'S ROLE:
Working as a stage manager, you will coordinate the technical aspects of Bare Bait Dance’s production season to ensure the successful delivery of each performance. The Stage Manager (SM) is key to creating an efficient and confident production. Your ability to successfully lead and work with the company, although at times possibly stressful, will be of utmost importance. You will need to have a good understanding of both the technical and artistic elements of dance performance so you can ensure it is delivered precisely to the director's requirements. Although the primary focus for Bare Bait Dance is bringing contemporary modern dance to Montana, some knowledge in a formal theatrical workflow is preferred. You will be involved from the rehearsal stage through to the live performances, where you will be on hand to deal with any emergencies or issues that may hinder the show.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet.
- Someone who has a basic understanding of all the technical demands of production, computer skills, and awareness of current technologies: Apple OS and Qlab.
- Someone with a firm, kind, polite, patient, respectful, and calm manner who can encourage and lead a large number of people to achieve a high standard of backstage discipline.
- Someone with stamina, the ability to stay calm in a crisis, with a sense of humor.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th, 2018.